Solar hot water,
Phoenix, solar systems, PV system, soler electric panels, solar hot water
arizona, solar panels, solar company in Phoenix, free hot water, APS, SRP,
utility incentives, attic insulation, energy conservation.
About us |
Videos | Phoenix Home Energy
Audit | Online
Solar Hot Water Systems
We are a
certified solar contractor and have been designing, installing and servicing
solar systems since 1978. Trust us with your solar needs. We have
Arizona certified, Registar of Contractor approved, APS and SRP certified
contractors we trust with our installations. Be wary of
companies that have recently jumped on the solar band wagon with
What to look for in your solar hot water
year installation warranty
- Tempered glass glazing for highest performance.
Year glass lined steel tank
- Centrally located office facilitates quick
What to avoid in a solar hot water system
- Unsightly, inefficient exposed plumbing on the roof
- Plastic components. (would you trust plastic on your roof in the
- Unglazed plastic solar panels are not insulated and have high heat
Radco Drainback system shown below
List identifying parts in the diagram
- 1. Pressure relief valve for drainback
- 2. 10 k sensor
- 3. Solar panel (typically a 4'x10' panel and
an 80 gallon storage tank
- 4. Mixing valve so children don't get scaulding hot
water in the summer
- 5. Pentair In-Line temperature gauge
- 6. Temperature/Pressure valve
- 7. Taco 006-B4 circulator is pumping water from the bottom of
the solar storage tank through the heat-exchanger into the top of the solar
- 8. Flow meter shows system is in
- 9. Goldline GL-30 differential solar controller
- 10. 4500 watt electric heating element for extended cloudy
days (only heats 40 gallons)
- 11. 80 gallon Solar Storage tank replaces existing
- 12. internal heat exchanger inside the Radco DBHX drainback
tank, surrounded by solar-heated water coming from the solar panel.
- 13. Taco 009-BF5 pushing reservoir water up to the solar
- 14. 8 gallon water reservoir
- 15. 10K sensor
The system is expandable to generate significant savings for up
to 8 to 10 adults by adding more solar panels and more water storage capacity.
Contact us for information about how to expand the system.
Call (602) 867-3176 to schedule a no cost inspection and
bid. Act now! Federal, State and utility credits now available.
Click here To contact Horizon Energy Systems via
Web page design and maintained by B Rad Design
Copyright 1997-2012 all images, text and HTML copyrighted by
Horizon Energy Systems.
reserved and violators will be prosecuted.