Radiant barrier for existing and new homes, Extreme house make over, Radient barrier must be installed correctly, load controllers, tubular skylights, energy conservation, radiant barrier, green building, fire protection, attic insulation, rolling blackouts, conserving energy, saving energy, insulation, attic insulation, infrared cameras, thermography, infra-red heat, attic venting, energy conservation, saving energy, r factor, energy efficient homes, generators, radiant barrier, home insulation, fiberglass insulation, cellulose insulation, pink panther, deregulation, alt fuel, APS, Arizona Public Service, SRP
Contact us: 602-867-3176
PROPRIETARY PATENTED SUSTAINABLE BUILDING PRODUCTS
Aura Vent Installation Instructions
1. Picking the location for the Aura Ventilator:
Depending on accessibility, make a mark inside or outside the attic with a marking pencil, crayon, or chalk approximately 12 to 18 inches below the peak of the roof. Be sure to center the mark between the roof rafters.
Hint: If the pilot hole is drilled from the attic, insert
a nail, screw, or pencil to help locate the position from the outside.
2. Take the vent’s square base (flange) out of the box. Position it over the pilot hole so it is roughly centered, but line up the base so the row of shingles meets the middle of the square base (flange). With a marking pencil, crayon, or chalk reach into the inside of the vent base (round inside part) and trace out a circle. This circle will be the size of the opening that will be cut out of the roof. It should line up with the throat of the vent.
3. Carefully cut a hole into the roof with a saber saw and remove the cut piece. Do not saw into a rafter.
4. Apply caulking or roofing cement to the bottom of the base (square Flange), between each loosened shingle layer, and the cut-edge of the hole to provide a water-tight seal.
5. Slide unit so shingles cover half of the square base (flange). If there are any nails or fasteners blocking the flange from moving into place, they must be removed.
6. When the vent is positioned and lined up over the opening, nail or screw the flange 1/2 inch from the edge of the flange and 2 to 3 inches from the center of the flange. To start fastening to the roof deck you first nail or screw in the center of the flange and place your additional nails or screws towards the corners of the flange until the lower part of the square flange (the part that lies over the shingles) is fastened to the roof.
7. Apply roofing cement or caulking to all nail or screw heads and shingle edges. Make sure all raised shingles have been thoroughly cemented, nailed where possible, and pressed back into position.
8. Take the head of the vent and slide it over the upper round part of the base (collar). Locate a black line on the upper portion of the collar. Gently and evenly from all sides, tap or push the head of the vent until its throat reaches the black line.
9. Four (4) tech screws have been provided with this product to attach the head of the Aura Vent to its base. Looking down at the vent once it is in position, install a tech screw on the black line at 12 o’clock, 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock.
This is how the finished vent should look! It's easy!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call our office at 602-867-3176.
Web page design and maintained by B Rad Design Group.
Copyright 1997-2018. All images and text copyrighted by Horizon Energy Systems.